In Episode 004, Part 4, Charles presents another six questions for self-evaluation. Charles shares the first step to overcoming your past is illustrated through the lessons of Joseph in the Bible and how believing in your future is the key to forgetting your past.
Listen to this Episode on Spotify
Choosing Your Future Self Evaluation
- How much time do you spend thinking about your future?
- In your meditation time, do you think about possibilities or failures?
- What do you see in your future? Is it good things, things of the past, or negative things?
- What are you doing to make the things you imagine become reality?
- Where is God at in your imaginative thoughts?
- Is your imaginative thoughts productive to God, humanity, family, friends, and yourself? So, how do we think differently? How do we get out of the past?
I. Joseph left his past behind by staying focused on the dream he had of his future.
A. Genesis 41:51 “And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father’s house.”
B. Joseph didn’t attend a crusade, or get prayed for by anyone. He didn’t even get touched by God. But Joseph stayed focused on the dream that God gave him.
C. To put your past behind you and heal, you must stay focused on the dream, the future that is inside you.
II. The future brings hope. The past doesn’t.
A. God has given you a hope and a future.
B. There is no hope in the past, because the past has already been.
C. To find your hope, you must find your future.