In Episode 001, Part 1, Charles talks about the root of how our past seems to resurface. While many consider emotions to be the main contributor, actually, the real issues of the past begin with the mind. In this episode, “renewing your mind” will take on a new meaning.
Listen to this Episode on Spotify
I. How much time do you think about the past?
A. Past failures
B. Past relationships
C. Past hurts
D. Past opportunities missed
II. The problem with our mind thinking about the past is, your brain can’t distinguish between what is real and what is not real.
A. Science has determined that your subconscious mind can’t distinguish what is real and what is not real.
1. When you imagine something, your brain can’t tell the difference and your brain thinks what you imagine is real.
B. The facts about the subconscious mind
1. The average thumb drive holds
a. 250.000 pictures
b. 20,000 songs
c. 100 full length feature films
2. Your mind
a. Your mind can do 10 quadrillion operations per second.
b. Your mind can do 6 trillion operations to 60 trillion of your cells a second
C. The only way to bring the past into your thoughts is to RECALL the past through the subconscious mind.
- This means you are reliving the past in your mind and it could cause a harmful affect on:
a. Your Body
b. Your Emotions
c. Your Spirituality
C. Now we start to see the impact of certain scriptures as it relates to the mind:
Romans 12:2 – “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
Proverbs 23:7 – “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.”
James 1:8 “A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.”
Choosing Your Future Self-Evaluation
- How much of my thoughts are about the past?
- Is this thought process affecting my present relationships, career, goals, etc?
- Is my past keeping me from obtaining things in my future?
- Is thinking and reliving the past having emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual affects on my life?
- Are what I consider “precious memories” actually hinderances to my present and future?
- Do I fear the future because of my past?